What I Know:
- My Definition- Love is a deep, personal feeling of attachment and emotion towards a person, object, idea, etc. Love is felt deep within a person’s soul and is unique for every person in each and every scenario. It is a desire and passion above anything else, taking ‘like’ to new levels.
- Dictionary.com Definition- A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person; A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection; sexual passion or desire; Beloved person; Sweetheart.
- Love can bring up feelings of pure joy and happiness, or it can raise emotions of unhappiness and grief. Whether positively or negatively, love has had an impact on every person in the world, and everyone can relate somehow.
What I Want to Know:
- History of the word love
- Different emotions and personal meanings associated with the word/idea of love
- Different uses and interpretations of love — everyday use vs. significant meaning
- Variation through different cultures, religions, households, etc.
- Different definitions of the word love